Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Philadelphia Zoo

Yesterday my mother forced me into being a good mother myself and taking my guys to the Zoo. Now you have to understand that the Philadelphia Zoo is great and it's beautiful inside the gates... BUT outside the gates it's scary and I never relish the trip down Girard Avenue. Can we re-emphasize the word -SCARY (and we can also add the smell of human urine).
This was the first Zoo in America and, aside from the fact that the employees burned all the Gorillas to death during a reckless Christmas Eve party a few years back...it's a great place to take the kids for a day.
My mom bought a yearly membership today --and I think that means we can go on Sunday mornings and help give the elephants a bath...how cool is that!?

Justice and Mason insisted that I share some of the day's highlights...

The elephant loved me...really. You can't tell from this picture, but this frog was HUGE...like as big as a soccer ball huge.

I guess this is a Philadelphia Eagle...

The new primate exhibit -for the new primates. This was actually built by a friend of ours...

Hatching ....and Blooming.

Why do goats have rectangular pupils...? Anyway, the Zoo has a top notch washing station in the children's zoo...

We topped off the day with face painting. Justice was a snake and Mason a Ninja (because Ninja's have so much to do with zoological foundations...)

It is a top-notch zoo and if you are ever visiting Philly, I highly recommend a day there...

No comments: