Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I May Need to Fire Someone...

...and I have never done that before.
Believe it or not, under all the right-wing fire and brimstone I actually pain at the thought of being the cause of someone's pain or hardship. Yesterday I was wishing that I was a Catholic, because *damn* if good deeds could really secure one's place in Heaven...
I digress... Anyway, my landscaper retired this year and The Man gets home way too late and works way too hard to have to come home and worry about the weeds lawn. So I stalked one of my neighbor's lawn guys and he happily agree to take me on for the season. He came three days later and did a terrible job (it looked like he used his teeth instead of a mower), but I paid him and he agreed to come back in two weeks. It's now been three and a half. I made excuses for the first few days (rain, etc), but now it's getting ridiculous. AB's best friend's brother is a landscaper and offered to come give me an estimate, but of course I said 'No' feeling some loyalty to Joe-College that I had just hired.
Please look at my 'lawn'...my poor neighbors...
Back Yard, Front Yrad
It looks worse in real life --and it's it made "better" with the pile of boxes out front waiting for re-cycle. Gotta love having your own business... Pretty soon I am going to have to post those orange 'No hunting' signs on the 2X4 post.

So what do I do? Can I hire the other guy in good conscience? What do I tell Joe-College if he shows up again? Damn I hate this. Now, HE didn't live up to his end of the bargain and *I* have to feel like the jerk...

Update:
You, my friends, are all good luck... Shortly after this was posted Joe-College showed up (without a phone call from me) and actually did a really great job on the lawn this time. I believe that I heard a collective sigh of relief from my neighbors... Thank you all for your advice as he is still on Sage-probation.

No comments: