Tuesday, June 14, 2005

D'Oh!

Tagged again... Sgt. B with his vast military knowledge was able to eviscerate my *MeMe tag-proof armor*! Actually, this is a cool one and correlates with some things I have been thinking about lately...Justice asked me the other night what I liked more --being a kid or being a Mom. It was a tough question, but I finally copped out and said "both". I loved being a kid, but I would never give up all that I have learned and done to go back.

5 Things I Miss From My Childhood...

1) Water-fights
In our neighborhood, filled with throngs of cops and fireman's children, we spent the hot summer days running across asphalt in bare feet engaged in colossal water fights. They were epic and involved buckets, milk jugs, balloons, hoses and whatever else you could smuggle from your mom's kitchen.
2) Justrose's dollhouse
This (in conjunction with my Barbie Dream House) was our entire existence until we were 14 12. These were not your run-of-the-mill kid's games. These were intricate plot lines that went on for years. Doll-house soap opera.
3)Roller Skating
If we weren't playing dolls or raising out parents water bills we were roller skating. Sadly we not only skated in rinks, but in the street, driveways and my parent’s basement making up routines that would land us in Al Albert's showcase (did I just say that out loud!) Justrose will have to correct me if I am wrong, but I think we had skates with metal wheels.
4) Looking forward to summers off...from right after Easter break until the last day of school.
5) Looking forward to Saturday morning cartoons (my kids have no concept of a time with no Cartoon Network or Nick...)

The rules:
Remove the FIRST blog from the following list, bump everyone up one place and add your blog’s name in the #5 spot. You need to link to actually link to each of the blogs for the link-whorage aspect of this fiendish meme to kick in.
Cake Eater Chronichles
MargiLowry.com
Subliminalkoolaid
The Gun Line
Blonde Sagacity
Next, select four unsuspecting victims, list and link to them:
Eric, SWG
Jethro
Donal
Matt
Have fun boys...!!!
*mumbles and looks for the damn receipt for that armor*

No comments: