Sunday, May 29, 2005

"Let Freedom Roar"

2005 NAS/JRB Willow Grove Air Fest
If you live in the Philly/Jersey area and you haven't been to this show --you are missing out. This was my first air show --and wow, I was speechless. The F-16, the Blue Angels...the MPs...

The Sage Family takes on the Blue Angels

I have a really crappy digital camera (can all of you please remind me in July that I do not need a new bag for my birthday --I need a decent digital!). I should have taken my Nikon, but I hate lugging it and the giant lens around... I will share the pictures anyway because we had such a great time and were all so in awe of these pilots.

This was our view from the Jeep in the grid lock traffic on the way there (note: avoid our mistake and do not wait until 12pm to go...go early!):
Parachutes

Here are some of the highlights of the day:
1
2
3
4
5
6

I have to be honest and say that I didn't really enjoy the Show-Copters portion of the show -- With the smoke and the spiraling downward I felt as if I was watching one of our guys get shot down. Just as I was conscious of the fact that it was making me uncomfortable, Busta turned to me and said, "Mommy, this is making my belly feel bad." Yeah, me too buddy...
1
2

Some cool stuff on the ground:
Very Loud
USMC hanger
We got to go inside that one
The pilots

Ninja even with the earplugs in:
Holding his ears all day

Overpriced Air Show toys:
M-16
Talking Jeep

Watching the Blue Angels:
The Man and the boy
Dancing Boy and Little People love

The Boys and their heroes:
Boys and an A-10 pilot
Justice and the MPs

Go see THIS SHOW --You won't regret it!

(Busta has a Memorial Day message up at his site...)

No comments: