Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Just Wondering...

(disclaimer: I thought I had this article bookmarked, but now I can't find it --so excuse me for not sourcing this...)

I recently read an article that explored the phenomenon of 'blog links'. I am pretty sure that it was referencing the 'Big Blogs'...those 'Higher Beings' of the Ecosystem. The study seemed to show that the 'Right Blogs' were much more generous with linking "left Blogs' than the other way around. It stated that many of the progressive blogs had either no right-thinking blogs linked or a token one or two.

I did a bit of blogrolling of the smaller blogs, and the theory still seems to stand. Have you found this to be the case? Is this indicative of anything? Is the left like Jehovah’s Witnesses, needing to shelter their members from alternative points of view (that would explain the witch-hunt of FNC and talk radio) or are conservatives just more likely to befriend liberals and feel obligated to link them? With the emergence of the South Park Republicans, is the right actually morphing into the more open-minded of the parties...the ones actually accepting freedom of speech instead of just talking about it?

Not earth shattering, but interesting none-the-less...

No comments: