Thursday, May 26, 2005

In the Sandbox...

War Poetry

"The Immigrant Soldier"

I was born in Middle East
I left to escape terror
My family came to America
To make our lives better

Mom and Dad worked
I got an education
Joined the Army
to show my appreciation

Now the region suffers
Worse than when we lived there
An evil man is charge
The horror's too much to bear

Let's go free the people
Who live in those lands
We're their other hope
In Iraq and Iran

Put down your signs
Come join our team
You have been lied to
War is not what it seems

I know you want peace
But your ideals are misguided
The world is not safe
Your views are one-sided

Let me go fight
Let me go win
Let my people be free
Now tell me: Are you in?

by Capt. Matthew Guilanians (U.S. Army maintenance officer)
(source)

...some really cute Army girls...
One, Two, Three, Four

No comments: