Sunday, April 24, 2005

I've Been Tagged...

...by RAB (Why Are We Back In Iraq) to answer the following questions...
So here goes...

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?
Wow, that's hard...so many to choose from. I think Wuthering Heights (Bronte), but maybe Emma (Austen) --yes, Emma. It has money, deception, honorable men and my favorite pastime...matchmaking. *ahem*

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Many! Heathcliffe (I picture him to look like Viggo in LOTR), Mr. Knightly (Emma), Lestat (though not looking like Tom Cruise, but more like Wind-in-His-Hair from Dances with Wolves), Richard Chamberlain in The Thorn Birds and now Seth Bullock on Deadwood.

The last book you bought is?
"All's Fair. Love, War and Running for President" By Mary Matalin & James Carville. This is now the 5th (no lie) copy of this I have bought. I keep making the mistake of lending it out and never getting it back...

What are you currently reading?
I am always reading at least 10 things at once...currently on the 'table' are:
"How to Talk to a Liberal -If you Must" (Coulter), I am re-reading "Vanity Fair" (Thackeray), "Jack & Jackie" (Andersen), "Intellectual Morons" (Flynn), "Reds" (Morgan) and various mindless chick-novels...

Five books you would take to a deserted island:
All's Fair (Matalin/Carville)
Pride & Prejudice (Austen)
Jane Eyre (Bronte)
Shopaholic (Kinselle)
Iliad/Odyssey (Homer)
(...of course this list is ever-changing...)

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
JustRose (because her last post about the books she likes was callously eaten by Blogger...and it will give her a post...) Redleg (because he has some time on his hands and I am dying to know the 'fictional women' that he has had a crush on) and Nimbus (because I would be interested to hear his answers--and I want to know his crushes as well...). Consider yourselves tagged...sorry...
Everyone can do it in the comments if they want to --or on their sites...or not at all... Whatever you are comfortable with.

No comments: