Monday, April 11, 2005

Blueprint of a Republican...

On Saturday I received a RNC census in the mail. The letter that accompanied the questionnaire stated that the select people chosen to complete the survey would be "setting the blueprint of the Republican party for the next ten years"...

Of course I was nominally excited about it given that I believe that I represent the 'new/emerging voice' of the Republican Party. I figured I could weigh in about my disappointment in how the Schiavo case was handled and how the borders are not being handled (among hundreds of other suggestions I have)...I was looking forward to offering some constructive criticism and tough love. BUT, the questions were bogus and only addressed things that are generally universally agreed on by all conservatives.
Here are some of the questions (one from each section):

1) (Domestic and International Security) Do you support President Bush's initiatives to promote the safety and security of all Americans?

2) (Economic Issues) Do you support President Bush's pro-growth policies to create more jobs and improve the country?

3) (Education Issues) Do you agree that teaching our children to read and increasing literacy rates should be a national priority?

4) (Social Issues) Do you support the law, passed by the Republican Congress and signed by President Bush, that bans partial-birth abortions?

5) (Defense Issues) Do you agree that our top military priority should be fighting terrorists?

These are a pretty representative sample of the questions (there were three under each section). What can a questionnaire like this possibly accomplish?

No comments: