Thursday, March 24, 2005

Playgirl & the GOP - Update

A few weeks ago I posted about the editor of Playgirl who outted herself as a Republican.

Michelle Zipp has now been FIRED from Playgirl.

"Matt Drudge posted an e-mail he received from Ms. Zipp on the Drudge Report:

Hello Drudge:

"After your coverage of my article about coming out and voting Republican, I did receive many letters of support from fellow Republican voters, but it was not without repercussions. Criticism from the liberal left ensued. A few days after the onslaught of liberal backlash, I was released from my duties at Playgirl magazine.
"After underlings expressed their disinterest of working for an outed Republican editor, I have a strong suspicion that my position was no longer valued by Playgirl executives. I also received a phone call from a leading official from Playgirl magazine, in which he stated with a laugh, "I wouldn't have hired you if I knew you were a Republican.
"I just wanted to let you know of the fear the liberal left has about a woman with power possessing Republican views"
(source)

So what is it with the "party of free speech & equality" consistantly trying to silence conservative voices. Can't handle a strong Republican women? I have found that most liberals can't (especially those of the female-lib variety). Rock on Michelle --call the ACLU and see if they'll take the case (*sarcasm font*)...

No comments: