Saturday, March 26, 2005

North VS South

You Are 0% Redneck
I'll slap you so hard, your clothes will be outta style.
You ain't no redneck - you're all Yankee!


Someone (sorry, not sure who the originator was) put this Yankee or Dixie Quiz on the tag board --and I was fascinated with it. I had NO idea that some of the words in the quiz were regional.
STOP HERE and take the quiz....

OK...
Words like SODA, or SNEAKERS are regional?!

There are words that I know are from this area like HOAGIE, WAWA, GEET? (Translation: Did you eat?), radiator (first part rhymes with pad)...but SODA? Caught and cot being pronounced the SAME? And people say we 'sound weird' in Philly?
I loved this quiz... And who knew some people called Mischief Night Cabbage Night....

Am I just completely sheltered in the Northeast (I have been to many a Brew Thru!) or did some of these words surprise you too?

No comments: