Sunday, March 06, 2005

Handbag Wars...

...To anyone who thinks that owning more handbags than you could possibly use in a year is shallow, please don't read this post...BUT...I feel as if my honor has been challenged and I must answer in kind...
My Favorite Bags
Aunt Bitchy started a conversation on Jericho's site about pocketbooks --and Ciggy's roommate disparaged my favorite bags...belittling them because they don't cost as much as a designer that she prefers...
I don't buy bags based on their price. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean its quality, or that it's attractive. Cig's roommate prefers Kate Spade --she said that you can buy Coach at Marshall Fields so they must not be good...(Oprah shops at Marshall Fields)

Kate Spade
I have a Limited Edition Kate Spade --and I never use it... (I'd sell it for $150 --a bargain...) You all can be the judge. It's boring right -rectangular and drab...easily copied so there are TONS of fakes out there (you can find hundreds at any flea market) It was a fortune and it's not even leather (well, the little strip across the front and the straps are leather).
Burberry
I also have a Burberry that was from a sample sale in NYC --not even sure if they ended up putting this into production, so I may be one of the only ones that owns this particular style.
Dior
My prized possession is my Dior bag (yes, the same one Sarah Jessica Parker has in Sex and the City)...but once again, it cost a mint and its fabric. I rarely use this either...
CoachThe Coach bags are my favorite. They may not be the most expensive, but they are the classiest bags. Made from beautiful leather (the family started out in NYC making baseball gloves) which gets suppler as you use it --the oils from your skin enhance the natural leather. They are virtually indestructible and (having two boys) I would know...

Now especially those of you who could care less -or claim to know nothing about fashion ...look at the Kate Spade again and then look at the Coach bags (keeping in mind that the Spade bags are more money) and tell me which is a nicer bag...

Here's my logic...You can buy an inexpensive bag and it will most likely fall apart in a month or so, then you will have to buy another. At the end of the year you will have spent $120 on crappy bags when you could have bought a Coach that will last you forever... You truly do get what you pay for.

So anyway...these are a few of my favorite bags. ...and thanks to Cig's roommate, I had an excuse to post about them...

No comments: