Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Condi Vs. Hillary '08

Lately, I have become obsessed with the thought of a Hillary/Condi match up in '08. There would never be a day with a lack of things to blog about. Cropping up all over the web, there are already websites looking to draft both women into running for the nomination. Both have publicly said that they were not planning on running (Hillary saying that she will run for re-election to the Senate and Condi telling Tim Russert she was not planning on an '08 run), but I think we all know that Hillary has the nomination ( or should we say coronation) if she wants it --and Condi would be the logical choice to run against her. America would be guaranteed a woman President (following far behind many other countries...) --Is mainstream America ready for this...? It's no surprise that Robert KKK Byrd was against Condoleezza being appointed Secretary of State...I wonder if he will resurrect the white hood should she run for President...?

The possibility of this dream match got me thinking about the fact that I don't know much about Condi's politics (aside from foreign policy issues). I decided to see what I could find about her stance on various issues:

Guns: "I have a sort of pure 2nd Amendment view of the right to bear arms" (The Times, 11/21/04) *Pro-Second Amendment

Abortion: Describing her personal position on abortion as "mildly pro-choice" and "libertarian," Rice said Friday the government should not be "forcing its views" about abortion, the Washington Times said Saturday.

"I've tended to agree with those who do not favor federal funding for abortion, because I believe that those who hold a strong moral view on the other side should not be forced to fund it," she said.

"I am a strong proponent of parental notification. I am a strong proponent of a ban on late-term abortion. These are all things that I think unite people and I think that that's where we should be." (source)

Foreign Policy: We know that she was one of the creators of the Bush Doctrine.

This is really all that I could find...I couldn't find any definite views on the interpretation of the constitution, education, welfare, health care, gay marriage, trade, outsourcing or Supreme Court appointments. Being completely honest though...Condi could believe in feeding homeless people to stray dogs -and if she was running against Hillary I would still vote for her. I know that Hillary will go to any lengths to get elected should she be the nominee...and maybe that's why I salivate at the thought of Clinton verses Rice. Political fireworks people! We won't know for sure for at least a year or two...but we can all keep our fingers crossed.

Watch Hillary in '08 Too funny... -(Hat tip to CaliValleyGirl)

No comments: