Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Random January Thoughts...

ONE:
I re-entered academia last night. I haven't been in school since 2002, so I missed out on the pre-election Kerry love fest. Is it my pre-conceived notions or is that left-love still palpable on the campus?
Upon entering the Education building...the first thing I see? Two bulletin boards covered with Pre-election pro-John Kerry articles...uh, kids... the election was over two months ago...and, he lost by the way. Two people in my class were wearing those new Lance Armstrong rip-off bracelets...the ones denouncing Bush... The girl next to me in full Wiccan attire, pentagram on her index finger and damn did she smell... The teacher beginning the class with a pronouncement that he had created the best scientific teaching model in PA history...until the fundamentalists in Congress overturned it because they believe in Creation. My first night back people. I felt like standing up and screaming..."It was ME...I voted for Bush...I am the Conservative!"...just to get it over with...

TWO:
Did Condi rock yesterday or what?! Smack down to Barbara Boxer...Smack down SENATOR Kerry... Damn she's impressive. So knowledgeable. So precise. Such a great orator. Impossible to truly ruffle. Impossible to bait. I felt PROUD to be a woman watching her yesterday. Damn proud.

THREE:
On a much more BIZARRE note...My friend Jeff WON the Dunkin Donuts contest! Jesus Christ...now he really has to get married in a doughnut shop in the NEXT MONTH!!!! He thanks you all for your help... (This win isn't wasn't common knowledge yet...so I hope the couples that lost don't stumble across this somehow...)

FOUR:
There is a new JibJab movie that is pretty funny...Watch the Movie "Second Term"...

No comments: