Thursday, January 13, 2005

I'm Going Over to the Darkside With This One...

The Man is mad at me for doing this post. He thinks the video that I am about to direct you to was created by some 'tree hugging f'ing lib' and that posting this is just 'giving the libs ammunition'...

I received this video from Defiant Heart...After I watched it, I felt seriously nauseous for several days. The Man watched it and initially had the same reaction (before he decided it was a Vast Left Wing Conspiracy). Jericho and GirlGray watched it and seemed as befuddled as we were. I sent it to 91Ghost, but haven't heard his reaction yet...

I need feedback, reassurance, explanations...something. Don't let me fall into the realm of Fox Mulder and Michael Moore....

All five of us that watched it have our theories...but I don't want to go into all that here. I want you all to watch it the way we did...without a long preamble. It's a video about American Airlines Flight 77 that hit the Pentagon on September 11th...

Watch it and elaborate on your thoughts. I am especially anxious to hear from all the military boys and the veterans about this...

Watch the Video

Catch me I'm falling!!!!

Caught: Free's eyewitness account (in comments) & AFSis's Internet find...
UPDATE: Riceburner Has alerted me that I may have posted FRENCH propoganda...and that the video shows photoshopped pics...read about it at THIS SITE and see the REAL PICTURE of the Pentagon aftermath...

1 comment:

BMG Mike said...

I can't attest to the validity of your original video. I've heard the story for quite some time now. I do remember quite clearly that the initial reports on the radio were of a "commuter jet" crashing into the Pentagon. It seems to be unlikely that a 757 could be mistaken for a commuter jet. The missing videos would put an end to the speculation.

The damage photos from the .mil site don't show anything that could be related to the *wings* of a 757, except perhaps for the soot plumes on either side of the collapsed wall. Those wings have some considerable momentum and I'd think they would have caused some impact damage to the exterior of the building.

I suppose it's possible that the wing tanks ruptured after the fuselage impact, causing the smoke plumes, but the wings remained attached until they impacted with the sides of the hole in the wall. At that point maybe they folded back rather than shearing off. The wing-related damage to the structure in this scenario could have been erased in the subsequent collapse. Someone with expertise in aircraft structure could put a probability on this supposition.

My conclusion: insufficient evidence known to me.

Mike