Sunday, December 19, 2004

Tommy Conwell Absconded With My Camera...

So...the day ended WAY better than it began. Actually I guess it is tomorrow. JustRose and I just got back from a night out at a local rockabilly/cocktail bar. Tommy Conwell (as in Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers -Tesco's cousin was a Young Rumbler back in the day...) was playing. I know this sounds crazy and I hate to divulge private (?) info...but this was the first time JR was at a bar after sundown...in 33 years. Yes, in life I have always been the catalyst of debauchery in her life --and I must continue to uphold that role.
First of all one of my best friends, C, is the bartender...which is dangerous when you are driving...

I had three Coronas and a shot of Raspberry Kamikaze (under duress) and JR had a glass of wine, a taste of Rock 'N Rye and a double shot of JACK DANIELS!!! Damn girl! (and we ate and the bill was only $12 –THANK YOU C!!!)
It's an 'older' crowd in the bar and sadly Tommy was being paid by the Christmas shopping patrons to sing Christmas Carols.... how depressing. He is a disc jockey now that comes on right after Howard on Philly's 'rock station'. But he also carried out his own equipment. I will not say anything bad because he told me I was nice and then gave me a hug goodbye and told me I was hot -so therefore he is the greatest musician that EVER lived!

I believe that JR had a really good time (correct me if I'm wrong)...I can't believe that she has NEVER been drunk... Though if I am saying that Tommy Conwell is the greatest musician that ever lived...I may be drunk right now... (No, seriously, I feel bad...he was REALLY nice...)

Oh, I guess I should explain the title...C took pictures of me, JR and Tommy but the flash didn't go off and it was dark as hell in there. So Tommy took the camera determined to get the flash to work... OK, so it doesn't sound as funny as it was at the time...go have three beers and a Kamikaze and then come back and read this....

P.S. My brother is going to be fine...just banged up and bruised with a possible concussion.

1 comment:

riceburner147 said...

middle aged, balding, paunchy guy (NOT ME !) buys ALa a drink ! Yikes...did you get the camera back at least ? Cool bout ur bro, just saw him at ur moms fri (nice beard). remind me about an idea i have for ur blog, and bro from tokyo when i call later. i guess i got it wrong, what IS the definition of a rockabilly bar ?