Saturday, December 18, 2004

Saturdays....

This has NOT been a good day....

1) The boys decided they would 'help' me and while I was in the shower removed all the ornaments from the tree (breaking many a Lenox collectible) and pretended they were chopping down a tree for me in the 'forest' aka my living room....knocking the tree on it's side and spilling the water from the stand all over the hardwood...glass ball pieces everywhere...
The tree is pathetic...but I DID put it back together instead of throwing into the backyard as I was tempted to do...

2) I got a phone call from the Emergency Room saying that my little brother was there. The one that just got home from Japan two days ago. He was walking to his bank and was hit by a car. We are waiting on CAT scan results...

3) I am supposed to go out tonight for the first time in forever...with JustRose...to a rockabilly bar. Tommy Conwell is playing. I could care less about Tommy (where are the Young Rumblers -was he just a Philly thing?), but hey...it's out of the house. It's already 4:30 though and The Man is still not home and is working in Jersey today...

So all in all -I may have to do what I haven't done in YEARS and drink twice in one week...let's see if I can manage more than three this time. Hell, Corona makes a light beer now...

To Salt1907: Hopefully I can amend this with my usual happy ending -tomorrow!


No comments: