Saturday, December 04, 2004

The House Of Leo...

I LOVE astrology. Not the daily horoscope astrology, mind you. I agree that's a bunch of generalizations that could apply to anyone. But the charts, birth-sign, moon-sign and rising-sign kind of astrology. I don't know how or why, but it does seem that the alignment of the planets at your birth ultimately have an effect on your character traits. I can usually tell someone what sign they are after an hour or so of talking to them...and I am usually only wrong if someone was born on the cusp of another month.
I am a Leo. And I am a Leo. The perfect embodiment of all Leo traits -good and bad.
My first tattoo (Morecambe, England in 1996 -it's on my lower back)

"No one could ask for a better friend. If approached in the right way (flattery is always the right way), Leo will do almost anything, but she expects praise and appreciation and admiration in return. Pride is Leo's Achilles’ heel. Leo's ego demands not respect but adoration, not compliments but flattery, and when she receives lavish praise Leo never stops to wonder if it’s insincere. It is difficult (though not impossible) to dislike a Leo. True, she can be bombastic and overbearing at times. True, she loves to give advice and tell others how to live their lives...but Leo's great warmth and sunny disposition is very hard to resist. The world would be a lot less fun without Leo."

My second tattoo (Cadillac Tattoo, Philly -after Justice was born in 1998. It's the Leo sign, Virgo-The Man, and Capricorn -Justice)

So, you see, Mason was not born yet and therefore HIS sign is not in the band. Now I know you're thinking...he's only four...he has no idea. Well, that would probably be true if Justice hadn't taken to telling him at least once a week now that it's Justice, Mom and Dad and no Mace... SO -another astrological tattoo is in the works.
Here is a rough drawing of what will be my third tattoo (which I am pretty sure I am getting on the top of my foot -Mason is a Scorpio...oh God, yes, I gave birth to a Scorpio...)

Each sign on the zodiac is paired with another sign that is it's exact opposite -called the polarity sign. Mine is Aquarius.
Justrose is an Aquarius,and we have been friends for 29 years, so obviously polar opposites can work out... When we were little if it hadn't been for me -she would have never done anything, but if it hadn't been for her, I would have done way too much. (she was my Jiminy Cricket).

Each sign also has a 'Danger' and I thought mine was funny (in light of the blaahhhg):
"Leo people tend to be bombastic and challenging, and often knowingly invoke others to impulsive violence. They are also prone towards being victims of slander."

No comments: