Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Post-Election Pledge: 7:55pm

I found this over at Gay Patriot -The Musings of a Gay Conservative. A site recently brought to my attention by Justrose.
I will attempt to uphold this pledge regardless of the results...

The Post-Election Peace Pledge

As inspired by Jeff Jarvis, and modified by Joe at Dartmouth.

After the election results are in, I promise to:
: Support the President, even if I didn't vote for him.
: Criticize the President, even if I did vote for him.
: Uphold standards of civilized discourse in blogs and in media while pushing both to be better.
: Unite as a nation, putting country over party, even as we work together to make America better.

I hereby pledge the above, with the following qualifier:

If there is enough evidence of Democrat voter fraud, I shall strike the first statement if I, in conjunction with said evidence of fraud, believe that John Kerry is running the country poorly.

If there is voter fraud but I like what Kerry is doing, I won't have any compunction about supporting him. That, however, is unlikely.

ALa71 addition:
I also add that I will not gloat should GWB win (at least in public) and I will try not to sulk too much if John Kerry wins.


1 comment:

riceburner147 said...

ITS BUILDING FOR BUSH..........