Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles...

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things..."

This song has been stuck in my head for two days....I was thinking about the lyrics of the song this morning and wishing life was this simple--to be able to be cheered by a blue satin sash... But this is not Austria and it is not 1938... When I think of my 'favorite things' they seem to be much more capitalistic than Maria's.
Since I truly need a small sabbatical from politics...I decided on a mindless post today. Instead of snokeflakes on my nose and eyelashes, I am thinking about my favorite things. Things that make my life easier or just make me happy.

Here are some things I love -practical and impractical:

My Jeep (Grand Cherokee Laredo). I don't think I'll ever get another make/model of vehicle. I can drive eight hours to NC and remain comfortable the entire time and I get good gas mileage. I LOVE my Jeep.

Fudge 'One Shot' (leave in conditioner). You have to get this at a salon, but it is worth the outlay. Mix it up and spray it on and no matter what abuse you subject your hair too...it will be healed. I swear I have no split ends!

Caller ID. How did I live without this? I never even check my voicemail because I can see who called... You never need to talk to someone you don't want to again! I mention this because I actually have friends that DON'T have it!

High Speed Internet (Cable modem): A must. I wouldn't be blogging without it.

Snackwell's Devil's Food cookies (Fat Free!). All fat free stuff is terrible -except these. The only problem is since they are fat free...you feel free to eat the entire bx.

Jersey T-shirt Sheets. Not glamorous, but soooo comfortable.

Coach Bags (any variety). Ok, so some of you already know this is my weakness, BUT it's not just a fashion thing. These bags last forever and the leather is such that it gets better as it ages. The oils from your hands enhance the leather...WELL worth the investment! A girl NEEDS a good handbag (or 5...or 24...)

James Perse T-shirts. Pricey, yes...but also well worth the investment. Soft as butter and cut very flattering. They are like wearing your man's softest, oldest t-shirt but looking good in it instead of like you are wearing a tent and cleaning the garage.

Suavitel Dryer Sheets (hard to find). For some reason they are only marketed/sold in Spanish-speaking areas. A friend works for the company and gets me cases of them --but if you can find them...buy! I have never smelled anything better and not a bit of static.

Marlboro Light Menthol. My smokes. This is the ONLY cigarette that I will smoke. I will not bum smokes --nor will I buy something else if they don't have THIS brand.

Tiffany Silver. I know it's overpriced, but I don't care. I love it...especially the 1837 collection and anything by Elsa Peretti. They do charge to clean it now...which is annoying.

Fox News. My sanity in the swarm of MSM liberal BS....

and, last but not least...

Tootsie rolls. I guess this is self explanatory. MMMmmmmmmm....

What couldn't you live without...or, on the flip side, what would you advise we never buy....?

*Also, I wanted to say "Thank you" to Justrose...who wrote THIS yesterday...

No comments: