Tuesday, November 02, 2004

6:50pm

Just heard what issues are topping voter's minds...I was surprised. What do you think #1 issue was (exit polling in OH):

Moral values! strange huh...Bush wins that 79%
The second was the Economy...Kerry wins that 62%
Third: terrorism...Bush (of course) by 84%
Last Iraq...that was Kerry and I didn't catch the % because The Man and the boys are wrestling and being way too loud! LOL

When polls close in OH:
If there are long lines in Cleveland...bad for Bush
If there are long lines in Cincinatti...bad for Kerry

If they can't call NJ and/or NH quickly after polls close...bad for Kerry.

1 comment:

AFSister said...

Ala,
I'm a Cincinnati voter and got stuck in the most incredible line I EVER want to get in again! I tried voting at 6:45am- line was out the school and around the corner. Went back at 4:50pm- again, too long- have to get my son to Karate by 5:35pm. My husband showed up at the Karate school at 5:30, so I took off with the 4 year old to go vote. BIG mistake. After standing in line for 40 minutes, I hear "Mommy, I have to go pee pee." ARRGGGHHHH I take the little darling to the bathroom and go get back in line, at the end, in the rain, because they wouldn't let me back in line where we were before. "before" by the way, was only about 15 minutes from the voting booth!
At 7:15, 15 minutes before the polls closed, I finally get my chance to vote. Man, oh man! What a line!
It could have been worse- some people in Columbus and Cincinnati arrived close to 7:30pm and didn't get to vote until nearly 10:00pm! There HAS to be a better way...