Friday, July 16, 2004

Why Moby?

I read
Moby's on line journal every day. I don't know why I do because it
usually makes my head feel like it will explode. I hate that famous
people have a 'voice' and a forum and I don't. I am not even sure if
Moby is even relevant anymore. Does the MTV generation still dig him? I
guess I am considered a GenXer and I know no one that like/listens to
him. My fear: that the MTV generation does like him, reads his journal,
doesn't have the where-with-all to independently research the things
that he writes and actually believes the half truths that he espouses.



For instance...the other day he went on and on about how President Bush was actually from Connecticut. Bush 41 and Barbara Bush moved to Odessa, Texas
when Dubya was an infant. They then moved to Midland, Texas when he was
three and bought a house with the help of an FHA loan (how rich could
they have been if they needed FHA?).

Moby's blog claims that he bought his ranch in Texas on "the advice of Karl Rove" --which may

be true. "Hey George, I know someone selling a great
place in Crawford...” Moby, of course, makes it sound sinister. Like
Bush was the
Massachusetts liberal that Kerry is and was like "get me a
place in
Texas, so I can fool people into thinking I am a cowboy". He lived in Texas
his entire life! This is one small example of how disingenuous this
Moby guy is. (But what can you really expect from a self-proclaimed
pinko).



5 comments:

~Jen~ said...

Oh my. A kindred soul. I torture myself with liberal blogs all the time. It's like watching a car crash or a train wreck. It's horrifying, yet you cannot turn away!!!

I live just north of Houston. George and Barbara live here half the year. You see them all over the place at Astros games, Texans games, the theater...I know someone who saw even Barbara at a grocery store. It is so darn cool. George Sr's library at Texas A & M is about an hour from where I live. It is absolutely fantastic.

MonicaR said...

It's frightening to think what people believe sometimes - because we know it takes a bit of work to get at a different perspective, viewpoint, get at the facts. I spoke with a ten year old girl the other day - a neighbor of mine. She brought up the subject of politics - asked if I would vote for Bush or Kerry. I said I would be voting Republican. I asked her who she would vote for if she could - she said Kerry. When I asked why - she said she heard that Bush knew about 9/11 before it happened and let it happen anyway. She also said that the war in Iraq was bad - too many American's died. I explained to her that the US gets intelligence everyday - some of it good, some not good and it would be hard to separate the credible intelligence from the incredible intelligence. I asked if she really thought that Bush knew that planes would be hitting the towers at 8:47 a.m. on 9/11. She said she thought he DID know and should have just told people to stay home from work that day. I asked her if she knew that Saddam Hussein had put children in prison, cut people's tongues out, cut peoples ears off, killed possibly millions of Iraqi's and dumped their bodies into mass graves, killed thousands of Kurds with chemical weapons. She said she did know and she still doesn't think we should have gone to war. I asked her where she got her information - information she based her feelings on. She said the news. It made me sick and I told her that it's very important for her in the future to know that she would need to dig and look around for the facts herself and not just believe someone's opinion she hears on the news. I understand she's only 10 years old - but I think that many people arrive at their conclusions the same way that she did. Criminy - I have brothers and sisters in their 40's that have arrived at their (incorrect) conclusions the exact same way she did. Sorry I went on so long - it just worries me. Many people don't care to see any kind of different point of view.

Md Raju said...


Wonderful, This is an awesome blog.Continue to keep up the very good operate. I completely enjoyed reading your blog. This blog will be helpful for me. I just found your blog and want to say thank you ! What an enjoyable time looking through so many sites. It is really nice post thanks for sharing and just keep up the good work !

Search Engine Marketing | 2012 NFL | Watch Live NFL

Md Raju said...

I just found your blog and want to say thank you ! It is really nice post thanks for sharing and just keep up the good work !

ipad Video | Unlimited Movies | Special Effect | Forex | Stock Commissions





Md Raju said...

I just found your blog and want to say thank you ! What an enjoyable time looking through so many sites. It is really nice post thanks for sharing and just keep up the good work !
Search Engine Marketing|2012 NFL|Watch Live NFL