Thursday, July 29, 2004

On My Mind Today...

Here is small tour through my head at any given time during the day…

*** I watched as much of Edwards’ revised stump speech as I could handle last night…I hate that him and his mole keep saying that he is practicing the ‘politics of hope’ while in the next breath he talks about ‘Two Americas” (this is politico-speak for playing class warfare and the race card). How divisive and coming from the richest ticket that has ever thrown their hats in the Presidential ring… (We will go into the whole hypocrisy of him even mentioning high health care costs at a later date)

*** My husband has to have two knee replacements and I am a stay-at-home mom/student. This is always on my mind…Last year, after taking the leap in 2002 to start his own business; he was stopped at a red light when an 18-wheeler plowed into him without ever touching the brakes. Was the guy asleep, on drugs, over-worked by his union…who knows and quite frankly I don’t really care. His carelessness has the potential to ruin everything we have worked so hard for…

*** I want to see Kerry’s divorce records. The Dems have adopted a republican platform at the “re-Invention Convention” this week and are not only evoking God (guess the ACLU doesn’t have delegates there), but are claiming ‘conservative values’. Let’s See Them. I want to see actions –not words…The Democrats had Jack Ryan’s sealed records opened on a hunting expedition-I want an eye for an eye. I have seen reported numerous times that in the years after Kerry divorced his first Millionaire wife, and was running around with various B-Movie actresses, that he was a dead-beat dad. I want to know if that is true! They bitch that W may not have shown up here and there for NG duty (even though he was honorably discharged and they have no proof), but I think being a Dead-Beat dad is WAY worse of an offence. The fact that he wife was suicidal because of their marriage seems bad enough- and that wasn’t sealed…What is he hiding? The folks have the right to know –full disclosure! I also want to see THK’s tax returns…

*** As with Edwards’ role in the skyrocketing health care costs, Kerry’s Vietnam service is on my mind, but that will have to wait until I can devote the proper amount of time and research to it.

*** We are supposed to be leaving for the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina on the 7th…I have so much to do before then…

*** I saw a great bumper sticker the other day:

“If Theresa doesn’t trust John Kerry with HER money, why should America trust him

with OURS”.

*** I have to go food shopping and I have been putting it off all day –I used to love going and now I hate it, but I have no idea how the transition came about…

11 comments:

justrose said...

Did you go food shopping?

I must say for the public record that the flip flops are priceless.

ALa said...

I'm still thinking about going...it has been a five hour process....

tescosuicide said...

ALa, you're insane.

justrose said...

While a person with a name like Tescosuicide is the very essence of rationality . . .

tescosuicide said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ALa said...

The lure of the little trash can --none can resist it....

~Jen~ said...

Are you guys listening to Kerry right now? I'm trying. I really am. But he puts me in to a weird sort of hypnosis. Sort of like when you are on a road trip and you stare ahead for a long time and go in to a daze. You're still aware you are in a car, but a little fuzzy on who's driving or where you were going. That's what he does to me.

justrose said...

I was on the phone with ALa71, and I heard weird ranting in the background. It was him.

~Jen~ said...

My computer just hiccupped. Sorry if this is a double post.

So as I was attempting to say...

Holy S--T!!!!!!!!! Smackdown on my blog at 3:30am in the morning under the Bigandmean Whoop-ass post. You guys have to read it. Holy S---T!!!!!!!!!!

Jensdad said...

I hope you and your family have a great time on your vacation. I tell Jen sometimes to step back from politics once in a while, forget about it and the stress that it sometimes generates and just chill out. Since you seem to be so much like her you could be sisters I'll pass along the same fatherly but unsolicited advice. Have a great time, don't talk about or listen to politcs in any way, forget about your blog, have a great time with your husband and kids. Clear your mind, rest up, then go home and continue with your brilliant writing.

How about posting some information about the outer banks of North Carolina for those of us who have never been but intend to one day? If you do some writing on your vacation, maybe that would be something to write about that wouldn't be stressful. I want you to have fun, you've earned it, and I sure don't want you to burn out.

Best wishes from your Dad in spirit in The Lone Star State.

ALa said...

Jen'sDad_ The Outer Banls are just WONDERFUL -and you're right, maybe I will tell ya'll (gotta practice) about that while I am there. We tried no news last time we went -MAJOR withdrawl! (haha). FOOOXXXXX NNEEEWWWSS!
I have had SO much fun 'getting to know' you guys --we have wanted to go to Texas and you guys have given us the inspitation to look into the trip. (I am still really freaked about getting on an airplane). Ya know, I almost like you as much as BigandMean (big smile)...and I'd be in your foxhole anyday!